A minute online Leading Term of a Polynomial Calculator tool is used to find the leading term & coefficient of the given polynomial in just seconds. Give the input polynomial equation and tap on the calculate button to get the output at a faster pace.
Use '^' symbol to represent Power Sign
What is Meant by Leading Term and Leading Coefficient?
The leading term of a polynomial is defined as the term which is having the highest degree in the expression. The coefficient of the highest degree of a polynomial is called the leading coefficient of the polynomial. The greatest exponential value of the individual term in the expression is called the degree of a polynomial.
How to Solve the Leading Term & Coefficient of a Polynomial?
The small steps that are required to follow while calculating the leading term and leading coefficient of a polynomial are listed below:
- Initially, Find the highest exponent of the variable in the given polynomial to define the degree.
- Now, identify the term including the highest power of variable to solve the leading term.
- To solve the leading coefficient, identify the coefficient of the leading term.
We hope the steps cleared all your doubts regarding how to find the leading term of a polynomial if not then take a look at the solved example below.
Find the degree, the leading coefficient, and the leading term of 6x^6+5x^6-4x^4+2x^3+3x^2+6x+20.
Given polynomial expression is 5x^5-4x^4+2x^3+3x^2+6x+20
The degree of the polynomial is the greatest exponent value in the given polynomial terms. Here, the degree is 6.
The leading term is the term with the highest degree. Here, 5x^6 is the leading term.
FAQs on Leading Term of a Polynomial Calculator
1. What is the leading coefficient of the polynomial?
The coefficient value of the leading term is called the leading coefficient.
2. How do you find the leading term of a polynomial?
First, we have to find the degree of the polynomial. Then, the term with the highest degree is the leading term of the polynomial.
3. How to find a free online tool for finding the polynomial leading term & coefficient?
Visit the factorpolynomials.com and easily get the free online calculator tool to find the leading term & coefficient of a polynomial.
4. How to use the leading term of a polynomial calculator with steps?
The steps to use the leading term of a polynomial calculator are as follows:
- First, open the leading term of a polynomial calculator on the factorpolynomials.com page.
- Enter the input polynomial in the respective input fields.
- Tap on the calculate button and wait for a while.
- Instantly, it displays the results with a detailed explanation.