Factoring Difference Square Polynomial Calculator is a handy tool that computes the factors of the polynomial expressions in less time. You have to provide the polynomial details in the respective input sections and tap on the calculate button to get the exact answer in a short span of time.
- Factor 4b^2-81 Difference of Square
- Factor 16m^8-9 Difference of Square
- Factor 25n^2-1 Difference of Square
Use '^' symbol to represent Power Sign
What is the Difference of Two Squares?
Difference of two squares means a square number is getting subtracted from another square number. Every difference of square can be factored using this formula.
a² - b² = (a + b)(a - b)
Every polynomial that is a difference of squares can be factored by applying the following formula:
a² - b² = (a + b)(a - b)
Note that a and b in the pattern can be any algebraic expression. For example, for a=x and b=2, we get the following:
x² - 2² = (x + 2)(x - 2)
Factored terms that contain additional differences of two squares will also be factored.
Here are the steps required for factoring a difference of squares:
- 1. Take any polynomial having two terms.
- 2. Find the greatest common factor of the terms.
- 3. Make the given polynomial in the format of difference of squares.
- 4. Use the formula a² - b² = (a + b)(a - b) and substitute the values in the formula.
- 5. Solve the factors to get the answer.
factorpolynomials.com offers various math concepts calculators to solve lengthy & tough calculations at a faster pace & provide results in just a fraction of seconds.
Factoring Difference Square Polynomial with Example
Question: Find factoring of 64-9x² using the difference of squares.
The given polynomial is 64-9x²
64-9x² = 8²-(3x)²
Difference of squares formula is a² - b² = (a + b)(a - b)
Place the values in the formula
8²-(3x)² = (8+3x)(8-3x)
So, factors of 64-9x² are (8+3x) and (8-3x)
FAQs on Factoring Difference Square Polynomial Calculator
1. How do you factor the difference of squares using Binomials?
To factorise the polynomials with difference of two squares, we need to convert the polynomials in the form of x² - y². Then put the values in the difference of two squares formula and solve to find the answer.
2. What is a polynomial factor?
A factor of polynomial is a polynomial that divides the given polynomial evenly. The product of all factors of polynomial represents the exact polynomial.
3. How do you factor polynomials on a calculator?
Provide polynomial expression as input to the calculator and press the calculate button. The factors of the given polynomial are available at the output section.
4. What is the formula for the Difference of Squares?
The Difference of Squares Formula is a² - b² = (a + b)(a - b).